Blackened Red Snapper
Fillets of red snapper are coated with a mixture of pepper and herbs, then cooked at high heat until the coating blackens. Spicy and delicious!
Write a review
- 100 grams red snapper fish
- Blackening spice mix
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- MCT OR COCONUT oil (for frying) Stevia
- Mix spices well in shaker jar.
- On a paper plate remove enough of the spice mixture to coat pieces of fish thoroughly.
- Preheat a skillet to high heat.
- Add fish dry and cook quickly until spices are blackened and fish is cooked completely. Serve hot. Garnish with lemon and fresh parsley.
- Save the rest of the blackened spice mixture to use later.
- Works well with chicken also.