This recipe is a staple in Mexico. Raw seafood is cooked by the lime juice! Now don't wrinkle your nose!
Write a review
- 100 grams chilled cooked white fish or shrimp
- 3 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- Diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic crushed and minced
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Dash hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Steam the shrimp or fish.
- Add lemon, onion, garlic and chopped cilantro.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and hot sauce.
- Chill and marinate the ingredients in the refrigerator.
- Traditionally cerviche is not cooked.
- The citric acids “cook” the fish.
- This is an alternative to cooking the shrimp or fish.
- Modifications: Add diced jalapeno, add additional types of seafood.