Baked chicken breast topped with skinny basil pesto, tomatoes and garlic. Quick and easy!
Write a review
- 100 grams thinly sliced or whole chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 diced tomato
- 3 cloves raw garlic
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup low sodium chicken broth or water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Marinate chicken in lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Fry with MCT OR COCONUT oil in a pan until lightly browned and cooked thoroughly.
- For the pesto sauce, puree fresh basil, garlic, chicken broth, and lemon juice in a food processor. Add pesto mixture to chicken, add a little water and cook on medium heat coating chicken with pesto mixture.
- Dice up tomato and top chicken or garnish
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
- Pesto sauce may be made by itself and added to vegetables or other protein options.