Lemony Spinach and Chicken Soup
What is more comforting than a big piping hot bowl of homemade chicken soup?
Write a review
- 100 grams chicken
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth (or substitute 1 cup water for 1 cup broth)
- ½ lemon with rind
- 1-2 cup cups loosely packed spinach cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed and minced
- 1 stalk lemongrass (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon thyme or to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- MCT OR COCONUT oil Salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly brown the chicken in small saucepan with MCT OR COCONUT oil little lemon juice.
- Add onion, garlic, spices and chicken broth.
- Add lemon with rind and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Add the fresh spinach during the last five minutes of cooking.
- Serve and enjoy.