A fresh and easy asparagus soup in a base of chicken broth, cream, and onion, seasoned with thyme and dry vermouth.
Write a review
- 4-5 stalks asparagus
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth (or substitute
- 1 cup water for 1 cup broth)
- 3 tablespoons Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon low fat half and half milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Old Bay seasoning to taste
- Trim asparagus to remove the tough ends of the stalk and steam until soft.
- Puree asparagus with broth and spices in a blender or food processor.
- Heat soup in a saucepan and enjoy.
- Add 100 grams diced chicken if desired.
- You can replace dried spices with 1-2 teaspoons of Old Bay seasoning if you wish.