Spicy Orange Sauce
Equally spicy and citrusy, this Spicy Orange Sauce will dress up any dish.
Write a review
- ½ orange rolled and slightly juiced with rind
- ½ lemon slightly juiced and with rind
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of orange and lemon zest
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Stevia or Lakanto to taste
- In a small saucepan add slightly juiced orange with rind and ½ lemon with rind to water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer adding water as needed.
- Simmer until the pulp comes out of the rinds. Scrape out the pulp and discard the rinds.
- Continue stirring and reducing down the liquid by half until desired consistency is reached.
- Add onion, stevia and spices.
- Add chicken, white fish or beef and sauté or pour spicy orange sauce over desired cooked protein. Serve with remaining orange slices for garnish.